[Interest] Running FancyBrowser / QtWebKit example causes periodical wifi network delay & VOIP interruption, Qt 5.3.2, Windows 7 x64

Andre Barth Andre.Barth at autodesk.com
Thu Jan 29 08:47:09 CET 2015

Hi Allan,

thanks for the prompt reply.

>>> QtWebKit/fancybrowser doesn't do anything on it own, only when instructed by the user or web-site is any traffic initiated.

Understood - it must/could be the QWebView that the example is using.

But even starting the browser with no URL (i.e. not the default <http://www.qt-project.org>) is showing that issue (presumably wifi only)

Reply from: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=127

Reply from: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=127

Reply from: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=127

Reply from: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=127

->Reply from: bytes=32 time=74ms TTL=127

->Reply from: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=127

->Reply from: bytes=32 time=12ms TTL=127

Reply from: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=127

Reply from: bytes=32 time=82ms TTL=127

Reply from: bytes=32 time=76ms TTL=127

Reply from: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=127

Reply from: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=127

Reply from: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=127

Reply from: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=127

Reply from: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=127

->Reply from: bytes=32 time=115ms TTL=127

->Reply from: bytes=32 time=109ms TTL=127

->Reply from: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=127

and so on...

>>> Start by logging the network traffic and see what it is

I've done that already but I didn't spot anything obvious. Will have to go back, I guess ;-)

I'm not the network expert, obviously, but could it be that Qt somewhere queries the network stack / driver /adapter or whatever which causes the IO to hang, i.e. no traffic is actually sent / received at all by the Qt app? But that periodic check or query just causes the adapter to delay the network IO? Maybe somewhere in the QNetworkManager(Engine/Service) classes?

Thanks,

Andre