[Interest] 5.5 OSX Secure Transport

mark diener rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 00:26:23 CEST 2015

Hello List:

I built a test program on 5.5 Release on OSX Yosemite 10.10.2

In the Release notes:

"New SSL back-end for iOS and OS X based on Secure Transport. Note that in
Qt 5.6 this will become the default SSL: back-end on these platforms. "

When I run my program, I can still see the library hunting for OpenSSL
calls as follows:

qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_set_psk_client_callback

qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_client_method

qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_client_method

qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_server_method

qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_server_method

qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_select_next_proto

qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_CTX_set_next_proto_select_cb

qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_get0_next_proto_negotiated

How do I turn OFF the symbol searching for OpenSSL and force the usage of
ONLY Secure Transport?

How can I support TLSv1_2 on OSX instead of the current limit of TLSv1_0?