[Interest] Indie Mobil Program terminated?

md at rpzdesign.com md at rpzdesign.com
Thu Jul 2 16:56:01 CEST 2015

On 7/2/2015 8:39 AM, Alejandro Exojo wrote:
> El Thursday 02 July 2015, md at rpzdesign.com escribió:
>> Please explain how "Open Source version" can get approved in the IOS
>> Apple Store.
>
> It is a bit blurry why the LGPL version could not be used on Apple's store.
> See this threads, for example:
>
> http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2014-July/017529.html
>
> http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2014-August/018129.html
>
> I would not bet my money on redistributing my important app with the LGPL
> version without asking a lawyer, but for a small "Indie" application, I would.
>
> After all, there were people who published applications on the Apple store a
> long, long time ago. They did a port of Qt to iOS on the 4.8 times. And I
> don't think it was based on the commercial license:
>
> http://www.mediator-software.com/

Looks like it is high time for a coherent, competent QT white paper of
what living with "Open Source Version" really means for Indie Mobile.

That is also a pretty crappy sales pitch to force Indie devs to go
searching through legaleze of LGPL 3.14159265358 to see how it works out.

Or some 2014 forum post that is not concisely written.

Can it get approved in the IOS store?

Will it get removed from Google Play?

Does it mean that you must provide full source code or only object files?

Will it stay approved in the IOS store if someone bitches that you have
not gotten them object files quickly enough?

How does someone re-link an IOS app and get it put back on their IOS
device?

Cheers,

md

--
No spell checkers were harmed during the creation of this message.