[Interest] Indie Mobil Program terminated?

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Fri Jul 3 08:20:31 CEST 2015

Igor Mironchik schreef op 2-7-2015 om 17:42:

> On 02.07.2015 18:07, Bob Hood wrote:
>>>
>>> Stop guys...
>>
>> No, they have a valid point.  I had not even heard about Xamarin
>> until they posted this, and after looking, it looks like Xamarin is a
>> legitimate competitor to what the Qt Company intended with its Indie
>> license.
>
> Ok, Xamarin is cheaper than Qt. But with Xamarin and C# you can write
> crosspaltform only business logic. All UI is platform dependend and
> you should write UI for iOS, UI for Android, and so on. With Qt you
> can write once and deploy everywhere...
Actually, at QtCS I saw an interesting presentation by Attila Csipa[1]
that made a good argument on why, especially on mobile, this really
isn't true any more. UI's may need to move to native there.

[1]
https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_contributors_summit_2015_Program#NativeQML_-_Wrapping_native_UI_controls_in_QML