[Interest] Indie Mobil Program terminated?

Preet prismatic.project at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 17:01:47 CEST 2015

> Why Apple and Google give their dev tools free ? They don't make money
> from long tail either but they
> know that getting successful apps you need to have this long tail also.

To be fair this is because they don't make money from the tools, they get
money by taking a cut of your sales (so called 'democratization'). These
probably aren't valid avenues for Qt. I think its difficult to come up with
a business model to sell software that's good enough to sustain your
company, especially when your code base is mostly open source under a libre
license.

As a side note, I'm kind of curious as to how many people buy a commerical
license of Qt just to deploy it on platforms where LGPL isn't allowed vs
people that are just after commercial-only features and support.