[Interest] Indie Mobil Program terminated?

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Sat Jul 4 18:33:50 CEST 2015

On 04/07/2015 14:51, Kate Alhola wrote:
> allow sales in appstore for this 10000€/month with OSS version before
> professional licence is needed.

I think this would be a good strategy.    Personally I don't think Qt on
mobile "is there" yet, in that it is not of sufficient quality accross
mobile platforms so that developers would sing its praises.
The proposed license model is beyond the reach of indie developers who
will look for some other solution than Qt.

The potential is there, but more polishing and tuning is required. I
guess all developers dream of strinking it big, and making a hugely
popular app.   And every once in a while it happens, but it does require
a sufficiently large pool of developers.   But the point for Qt is that
those developers who never make it big, still contribute to quality,
testing and marketing of Qt in some way.

I do have the indie license, but with current situation I confess I'm
tempted to look at other options.

Just my 2 cents,

Harri