[Interest] Indie Mobil Program terminated?

Kate Alhola kate.alhola at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 15:10:30 CEST 2015

> On 05 Jul 2015, at 15:13, Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles at elpauer.org> wrote:
>
> The venerable (and competitor) LiveCode also faced the very same situation recently and also gave up on the 25 USD/month indy license:
>
> http://livecode.com/products/livecode-platform/pricing/livecode-indy-pricing-announcement/
>

> Here is how they solved unsustainability issue:
>
> Announcement: They announced the price change 4 weeks in advance.
>
> New price: The new price is 49 USD/month or 499 USD/year. It was (still is) 25 USD/month or 299 USD/year. That's an 80% increase.
>
> Non-customers: can still buy at the old price (25 USD/month, 299 USD/year), or benefit from an offer (499 USD/two years) until the new price is in effect.
>
> Current customers: can still buy at the old price (25 USD/month, 299 USD/year), or benefit  from an offer (499 USD/two years) until the new price is in effect.
>
> Supported platforms: same 6 as with the old price: iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, Mac, Server (HTML5)
>
> Alternative licenses: plenty, including a community license (GPLv3)
>
> iOS App Store with open source license: clear statement by RunRevolution (LiveCode developers): GPLv3 in App Store is not possible.

I checked what Unreal Engine is now. It is free for all developers and the 5% after $3000 per quarter, that makes $50 per month when you sell more than $1000 per month.

That is very indie developer friendly and makes entering to market easy but gives revenue to unreal when your app is succeeding. Much like I proposed for Qt.

Kate