[Interest] Indie Mobil Program terminated?

Robert Iakobashvili coroberti at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 10:07:24 CEST 2015

Dear Tuukka,
To sell a product, you need to have it.

When you declared the license, your stock was empty
since Qt for Android and iOS was too buggy and without many crucial features.

It could be a separate discussion whether Qt for iOS/Android is stable enough
for production today, but at least many people have started to develop
their apps
with a hope that future expected Qt stability and features can deliver
stable Qt-based applications for iOS and Android.

Let's say you have this product for 1 month, optimistically for 2-3 months
(many developers to say that even today iOS/Android ports stability
is not enough to start using it).

Is it enough time to make a judgement?

Qt for Desktop is the best GUI framework for today,
and I'm confident that in 2-3 years Qt for Mobile will be as lucrative
as for Desktop.

However, this is not the case today and your product for Mobile is too risky,
too limited with only enthusiast and early adapters starting to try it.

Even if you restore the Indie license tomorrow, it will take
some time to convince developers that Qt for iOS/Android is stable enough,
it will take more time for developers to accomplish their applications
full of work-arounds
around Qt-issues and missed features and to start orders.

Please, let your decision makers to look into this very interesting discussion.

Consider making your Indie for Mobile less restrictive i.e.
with higher threshold like 300 000 or 500 000.

Thanks.

Regards,
Robert