[Interest] Indie Mobil Program terminated?

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 22:10:27 CEST 2015

On 2015-07-07 15:11, John C. Turnbull wrote:
> Ok, this is all very confusing for me.  I am just starting out with Qt and am using the LGPL edition.
>
> What are my limitations with that? It costs me nothing but do I have to distribute my source code along with the app

No. (Not *your* source code, anyway. Consult a lawyer w.r.t. to your
obligations to distribute *Qt's* source code.)

> and am I missing out on features and/or the ability to sell my app on iOS or Android?

Possibly. The "issue" with LGPL as I understand it is that you are
required to make it possible for users of your app to replace the Qt
that you shipped with their own Qt (i.e. and have your app run using
their Qt). Depending on how you distribute (e.g. do you use Play Store?
Can users download and manually install packages?), this *MIGHT* be
possible on Android, but my understanding is that it is *NOT* possible
on iOS due to restrictions running your own software on the devices.

Mind... IANAL. The above does not constitute legal advice.

--
Matthew