[Interest] Deploy on Winphone

Andrew Knight andrew.knight at intopalo.com
Wed Jul 8 12:05:07 CEST 2015

Hi Federico,

On 07/08/2015 12:54 PM, Federico Buti wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm currently working on a mobile app. Android/iOS deploy run smoothy and
> I'm in the process of deploying also to WinPhone. For the purpose, I
> installed the winphone_arm Kit on my system; Qt Creator
> correctly recognised the toolchain and created the corresponding kit.
>
> After that I have executed the command "qmake -tp vc <project_name>.pro",
> as described here <http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/winrt-support.html>. Then, from
> Visual Studio, I compiled the project and the result is always this error:
>
> << error MSB4044: The "GenerateProjectPriFile" task was not given a value
> for the required parameter "ProjectPriIndexName".  >>
>
> I've found information on the internet suggesting it is a problem of messed
> up SDK. I've checked my PATH variable as well as other system variables and
> everything seems fine.
It's caused by calling qmake from a command prompt that doesn't have
uuidgen in the PATH. This happens if you use the default Windows
commmand prompt, for example.

What version of Qt are you using? It should abort early in 5.5 if
uuidgen is not found.
> My machine settings:
> - Windows 8.1
> - Visual Studio Professional 2013 update 4
> - Qt 5.4.0
> - Winphone store license valid and correctly set.
>
> Probably it is some stupid setting I've missed but I cannot really identify
> it. Any help/clue/suggestion would be really appreciated.
The fix is to delete the .qmake.cache file in your build directory and
then regenerate the project from the correct command prompt (Visual
Studio 2013 x86 Native Tools).

> Thanks in advance,
> F.

Andrew