[Interest] Indie Mobil Program terminated?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jul 10 18:58:54 CEST 2015

On Friday 10 July 2015 18:13:59 John C. Turnbull wrote:
> How about you give everyone access to the full commercial version and
> license of Qt with all the features and the ability to sell through app
> stores at no cost and then make your money purely based on a proportion of
> sales revenue?
>
> Something to think about...

This fails the simple math test.

How many applications generate enough revenue that The Qt Company's share of
it is enough to cover the costs of a full commercial deal? Let's say the cut
is an outrageous 25%. At $350/month, we need this app to produce $1400 in
sales per month, net of the store's own share.