[Interest] Indie Mobil Program terminated?

Kate Alhola kate.alhola at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 10:54:26 CEST 2015

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 11:13 AM, John C. Turnbull
<ozemale at ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> Here's something out of left field...
>
> How about you give everyone access to the full commercial version and
> license of Qt with all the features and the ability to sell through app
> stores at no cost and then make your money purely based on a proportion of
> sales revenue?
>
> Something to think about...

Not having ANY reasonable offer for mobile startups/indie developers
will decrease a lot of interest to all Qt in other platforms.. Why
write Qt "write once run everywhere" code
if you know that you are never allowed to use it in mobile product  ?
It is like locking yourself out of mobile market.

In my work I do code with commercial Qt licence to mobile. Company is
no longer startup and it can buy commercial licence. Then there is the
big question on most of us that write
code by their own. I do code my free time and I love to use Qt. I like
that I can use same code in my Linux, Mac Android and iOS devices.
Just for personal code there is no sense
to write three times, Qt for desktop, Android and iOS separately. But
big disadvantage is that I know that I can't use it in any possible
commercial mobile app.

There is chicken and an egg problem, i can't make app that sales makes
money to buy commercial Qt license without having such licence that i
can't get because
app is not making money.

Kate