[Interest] Indie Mobil Program terminated?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Jul 11 00:56:11 CEST 2015

On Saturday 11 July 2015 07:03:30 John C. Turnbull wrote:
> Well you can continue to discredit all my ideas but the point is that if Qt
> drops the Indie license and makes single developers, small or moderate sized
> businesses pay $350 per month to use Qt, you can pretty much say goodbye to
> the majority of Qt developers and cry tears of blood as they flock to
> competing products.
>
> Somehow, all Qt developers need to get access to the particular features and
> platforms they need (which may be one or two or every feature, device and
> platform) at a price that they can sustainably afford or they simply won't
> use it.

Your second paragraph is entirely correct.

I don't know where you got the idea that the majority of Qt developers would
flock. All evidence points to the number of current customers paying the full
commercial licence being higher than the number of Indie developers.

And I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a solution. But it has to be a
solution that improves the situation: your suggestions so far don't pass the
math test and would make it worse.