[Interest] Qt mobile apps v native

John C. Turnbull ozemale at ozemail.com.au
Sat Jul 11 04:21:57 CEST 2015

Amongst all the debate around the Indie license, some mention was made of Qt Mobile not quite "being ready yet".

So, for someone considering Qt for lots of things including mobile, could someone please answer these questions for me:

1. Which Qt features do not currently work on iOS or Android?

2. Which Qt features are likely never to work on those platforms and why?

3. How does the performance of a Qt mobile app differ from a native one (if at all)?

4. Are there APIs or features of either iOS or Android that Qt cannot access?

5. How does the look and feel of a Qt mobile app compare to a native one?

6. How does Qt integrate with standard mobile controls and features like tumblers for date selection, word auto complete and auto correct, custom keyboards for each scenario like entering an email address, URL, phone number etc.?

7. How does Qt integrate the native mobile browser in such a way that the standard effects and transformations that can be applied to other Qt objects be applied?

8. Are there any legal restrictions on what a Qt app can do on mobile platforms or in relation to suitability for App Store distribution?

9. What are some good examples of existing Qt apps running on iOS and/or Android?

Answers to these questions will greatly assist in my decision making process so I would be very appreciative if one or more people could respond to them.

Thanks,

-jct