[Interest] QWebEngine makes QApplication ignore AA_UseOpenGLES

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Mon Jul 13 11:56:02 CEST 2015

On Monday 13 July 2015, Shantanu Tushar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried passing that to the my app's executable (verified using process
> explorer that the cmdline argument was there), it still loads opengl
> instead of egl. The following gets passed to QtWebEngineProcess-
>
>  --type=renderer --enable-threaded-compositing --no-sandbox
> --use-gl=desktop --enable-deferred-image-decoding --lang=en-IN
> --device-scale-factor=1 --enable-delegated-renderer
> --enable-impl-side-painting --num-raster-threads=1
> --channel="4988.1.1687828899\2008412908" /prefetch:673131151
>

> Do I need to do something in my app code so that use-gl can be set to egl?

That looks odd. This means that when we ask Qt which OpenGL module is in use
it returns LibGL.

The method we use to get the use-gl flag is QOpenGLContext::openGLModuleType
which in turn asks QWindowsIntegration::openGLModuleType which does not check
the application flags.

You better open a bug report on it.

`Allan