[Interest] QmlText: fontSizeMode: Text.Fit with rich text.

Wehmer, Matthias Matthias.Wehmer at draeger.com
Wed Jul 15 09:47:06 CEST 2015

Hi everybody,

Currently we are working in the area of displaying texts and there formats.
Here we encountered the following strange behavior:

- We have a text that we would like to auto scale via "fontSizeMode:
Text.Fit"
- Further this text shall be able to display rich texts, such as we can have
something like a^2. Thus we have set "textFormat: Text.RichText"
- The latter one is necessary as "textFormat: Text.AutoText" does not
recognize "a<sub>2</sub>" as rich text.
- Problem: When setting "textFormat: Text.RichText", the text is not scaled
automatically.
- It recognizes "<u>foo</u>" with Text.AutoText and it then the text fits
correctly. When setting Text.RichText though, the scaling does not work
anymore. So this is probably due to <u></u>  being part of the StyledText
feature set. Unfortunately, super- and subscripts are not.

Have you observed similar behavior and have a hint, why "fontSizeMode:
Text.Fit" does not work with "textFormat: Text.RichText"? Are there
additional steps to get it working?

Thanks a lot and greetings from Germany
Matthias