[Interest] QtLocation questions

maitai maitai at virtual-winds.org
Wed Jul 15 09:52:05 CEST 2015

Awesome! it works...

I get the sea marks without any problem. Now I have to combine them with
another map because the tiles contain only sea relevant marks so I am
missing land etc.

Note that if a tile is empty openseamap replies with a 404
(http://forum.openseamap.org/viewtopic.php?id=1978) so I get a lot of
these in the console:

QGeoTileRequestManager: Failed to fetch tile (253,175,9) 5 times, giving
up. Last error message was: 'Error downloading
http://tiles.openseamap.org/seamark/9/253/175.png - server replied: Not
Found'

Maybe it should not try 5 times in that case?

To get it working I just added in main.cpp (mapviewer example), after
line 90:

 parameters.insert("osm.mapping.host",
"http://tiles.openseamap.org/seamark/");

Then you select "custom Url Map" in map type menu and that's all

Thanks a lot, I'll continue experimenting.

Philippe Lelong