[Interest] Android app deployment to the store - compatiblity issues

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Wed Jul 15 16:53:43 CEST 2015

Hi,

I’m having some issue in making an app available to some phones.

Let me be more specific. I have two phones. One THL W100, a 4” phone running Android 4.X.Y then I have a Bq Aquaris E5 FHD, a 4.5” phone running Android 4.X.Y

I can run the app during development thru QtCreator with no problem. I can upload it to the store without any problem.

However, I cannot install the app on the Bq phone. It says device incompatibility. I asked google why, and they said: "unsupported native platform: armeabi, armeabi-v7a”

This doesn’t make any sense and unfortunately they are not able to give more information. The app runs perfectly on the Bq.

The only additional thing they told me was:

"Please note, that while you may be able to side-load an app to a device, if the Developer console finds anything in the APK that may make the app unstable, it will list that device as incompatible."

Does anyone experienced any kind of related problems? My app is being built against the latest NDK, API 22, min sdk=14, target sdk=14

I’m also using the latest build tools: 22.0.1

Thanks,

Nuno