[Interest] Indie Mobil Program terminated?

md at rpzdesign.com md at rpzdesign.com
Sat Jul 18 06:34:45 CEST 2015

Dear Mr Turnbull:

I would like to add some color to your assertion that "mobile" support
is "embryonic" at best.

The compilers used by Qt are the NATIVE compilers for
IOS/OSX/Android/Windows/Tizen/Linux/NaCL/embedded/etc/etc/etc

There can be nothing more ROCK solid than using the manufacturers
command line tools to create solid binaries for their own hardware.

Companies like embarcadero (maybe xamarin) have created their own
compilers and will forever be behind the curve.

As for desktop, when the customers ask for Desktop in Win/OSX stores, I
will just charge them $350/month for the months that it takes to debug
them (already debugged on IOS/ANDROID) and put them on the store.

So Indie still allows you to get the most important work done and the
add commercial desktop if needed.  Very few customers think OSX/Windows
is nice to have, but IOS/Android is of utmost priority.

Woe unto those that discover Qt too late to buy into Indie.

Cheers,

md

On 7/17/2015 9:04 PM, John C. Turnbull wrote:
> The problem even with this extension for the Indie Program is that it *only*
> allows you to use Qt to develop *mobile* apps.  The appeal of Qt is its
> cross-platform ability but if you are using it *just* for mobiles then you
> will get a better result with a framework designed specifically for mobiles
> or the actual native tools for each mobile OS, especially when many consider
> Qt's current mobile support to be embryonic at best...

No spell checkers were harmed during the creation of this message.