[Interest] QtLocation Map Widget

Igor Mironchik igor.mironchik at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 11:06:01 CEST 2015

Hi,

I asked to the folk want they to have GeoMap widget or not. And people
answered in most cases that they would like to have such widget. I
didn't ask why, the reasons may vary. But...

I've looked into the code of new QtLocation module and it's QML
components and I came to the conclusion that it's not very difficult to
implement such widget and all another stuff to show map and items on the
map as Qt widget. But...

I found that such implementation will be tied to the private QtLocation
headers. I wanted to implement GeoMap and Items as part of the
QtMWidgets library. But...

I don't want to tie on the private Qt's headers in this library. So I
can't to implement GeoMap right now. And I don't know what to do.

I want to ask you, folk, and Qt developers.

  * Is it possible to open QtLocation C++ stuff, I mean headers, for
example, of QGeoMappingManager?

  * Is it possible to implement GeoMap widget in Qt internally and allow
to choose between QML and Widgets?

  * Is this list good to ask such questions, or better to ask in
developer's list, and is it ok to ask in developer's list such questions.

Thank you.

--
Best Regards,
Igor Mironchik.