[Interest] QtLocation Map Widget

Blasche Alexander alexander.blasche at theqtcompany.com
Wed Jul 29 12:39:23 CEST 2015

>But I have one question: new QGeoMapWidget will be based on the
>QOpenGLWidget and is it possible to use such widget on mobile platforms?
>I heard that on mobile platforms only one OpenGL context can be used...

It is far too early to know what we'll end up doing. This was mostly a proof of concept to learn what we have to change in our private and public APIs to make it work.

As mentioned earlier, currently we focus on bug fixing and stabilizing the API. That's why a contribution from your side to continue this work would speed this up to maybe Qt 5.6 ?

--
Alex