[Interest] [ Android ] Creating task that runs in background when app not in foreground or device sleeping?

Edward Sutton edward.sutton at subsite.com
Wed Jul 29 20:01:56 CEST 2015

My Qt widget app has Bluetooth connection that broadcasts GPS NMEA data to a connected device.

How can I maintain this connection streaming GPS data when app is not in foreground or device is in sleep?

Is it even possible to run Qt C++ code on Android in the background?

Does Qt have any example for this?

Is a Background Service what I need?

Creating a Background Service
https://developer.android.com/training/run-background-service/create-service.html

Thanks in advance for any tips or direction,

-Ed

This email and any files transmitted with it from The Charles Machine Works, Inc. are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Our company accepts no liability for the contents of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.