[Interest] How to export text to translate for translators ?

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Thu Jun 4 12:01:55 CEST 2015

Gian Maxera schreef op 4-6-2015 om 11:58:
> Hello,
> ok for translating the text and generate translations unit to insert into the app I’ll use Qt Linguistic. Until now fine !
> But a step before that, is to create a document to send to translators and collect those translations.
> So the question is how the translators can see the text to translate ?
Did you try the documentation? It describes how to use the lupdate and
lrelease tools to create the files for translation and then the files
for inclusion in your application from those.

> They are not developers, I cannot ask to them to install Qt because Qt requires a development environment. So, it’s not reasonable to a non developer person to say: please install Visual Studio (or Xcode) and then install Qt … that in total will occupy on your computer a lot of Gb :-S and then use Qt Linguistic.
>
> So, what’s the best approach ?
> Is there a way to deploy only Qt Linguistics ? or a way to export the text to translate in a format readable without Qt ?
Sure. Just distribute QtLinguist only to your translators. That is easy
enough. It needs a few Qt libraries, but not much otherwise.

André