[Interest] Python not found when building QT 5.4.x

Olivier Barthelemy barthelemy at geovariances.com
Thu Jun 4 16:56:40 CEST 2015

I am launching QT5 build from sources, from a cygwin bash terminal on
windows.
Just before launching the nmake, the python i want to use is properly found
and working. But during the build, the command
python
C:/sdk/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.4.2/qtdeclarative/src/3rdparty/masm/create_regex_tables
> .generated\debug\RegExpJitTables.h
fails with the error  that python command was not found.

I am guessing that at some point, the build process starts a new windows
shell that doesn't inherit the environment i set in cygwin, and python
would be found if i set PATH to my python in the system's base values for
the environment variables so all shells inherit it.

But as the build is in an automated script, whose environment must be set
by scripts depending on what i want to build, hardcoding in the system the
path to this python is not an idea i like very much.

Any suggestion?

--
[image: Geovariances]

Olivier BARTHELEMY *Software development engineer*
Geovariances, 49bis avenue Franklin Roosevelt - 77215 AVON CEDEX - FRANCE
| www.geovariances.com <http://link.geovariances.com/eml-home>
Keep posted about Geovariances
<http://link.geovariances.com/eml-geowidget>
<http://link.geovariances.com/eml-linkedin-gv>