[Interest] Recent Qt5 does not compile with mingw64

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Jun 6 00:43:29 CEST 2015

On Wednesday 03 June 2015 19:13:04 Guido Seifert wrote:
> Ooookay... the QSharedMemory problem I can work around by not compiling the
> examples: -no-compile-examples. But then much later I get:
>
> .moc/debug/moc_context3d_p.cpp:1935:16: error: 'WINBOOL' is not a member of
> 'QtCanvas3D::CanvasContext' 455, uint(QtCanvas3D::CanvasContext::WINBOOL),
>
> Looks like Qt5 and MinGW don't go together anymore. At least not my
> version... too many mingw versions floating around.

There's no WINBOOL anywhere in qtcanvas3d.

My guess is that there's header contamination and something was #defined as
WINBOOL when moc parsed the file, but that header is missing when compiling
with moc.

You may want to introduce an #ifndef / #undef when you find out what is defined
as WINBOOL (probably BOOL).