[Interest] Qt5 with qml 2.x on Windows XP... problems?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Wed Jun 10 21:46:32 CEST 2015

Please be aware that performance wise, you may have issues.
Vista was the first version to require some 3D capability.
XP has GL (opengl32.dll), but only a very simple implementation. Most vendors (NVidia, ATI) supplied their own GL driver.

It is my understanding that QtQuick 2 assumes GL. I am not sure what version of GL it requires. I'd be willing to bet that the default driver in XP is insufficient. There may be a raster back end, but I could have sworn that GL was the core reason for the difference between QtQ1 and QtQ2?