[Interest] Qt5 with qml 2.x on Windows XP... problems?

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Wed Jun 10 22:01:38 CEST 2015

Il 10/06/2015 21:46, Jason H ha scritto:
> It is my understanding that QtQuick 2 assumes GL. I am not sure what version of GL it requires. I'd be willing to bet that the default driver in XP is insufficient. There may be a raster back end, but I could have sworn that GL was the core reason for the difference between QtQ1 and QtQ2?

For the record, Qt Quick 2 on desktop requires OpenGL 3 (or 2.x + the
FBO extension). As Microsoft only provides OpenGL 1.1 in the system
opengl32.dll, you need the one supplied by your GPU vendor with the
drivers. NVIDIA's drivers are just fine, for ATI's ones YMMV, Intel's
ones just don't work on XP -- period.

Note also that since you're on XP you can't use ANGLE as a Direct3D
fallback.

Hope this helps,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com | Software Engineer
KDAB (UK) Ltd., a KDAB Group company | Tel: UK +44-1625-809908