[Interest] How to run a WinRT app on a Window 8 intel tablet?

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Thu Jun 11 17:54:52 CEST 2015

Hi,

I have finally managed to compile WinRT 32 with some quirks around the
path. Trying to migrate one of my apps to WinRT resulted in some problems:

1 - It seems that ButtonStyle for QtQuickControls button is not
available. Is this normal?
   qt.winrtrunner.app:
file:///C:/Users/nsantos/Dropbox/workspace/build-tkfx-Qt_5_5_0_for_Windows_Runtime_32bit-Release/bin/QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Base/ButtonStyle.qml:
File not found
   A quick check on the deployed QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Base shows that
there are no files, however, they are on the respective WinRT qt dir.
Maybe this is a bug on the deployment tool?

2 - Also, images doesn't seem to get loaded. I have a warning on the
console and i'm not sure if it is related somehow: qt.winrtrunner.app:
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

3 - Application State changes notifications seem to be buggy and
inconstant for  ApplicationStarted (random numbers appear insted of the
value 4). However, it seems to be working for the remaining cases.

4 - My app uses Bonjour to browse for network services. I have a
QtWrapper around dnssd lib from Apple. It works on Mac OSX and Windows
Desktop. When I start the browser, app stays blocked like if the call
was blocking, but on the other referred OS's it doesn't.

5 - QtPurchasing is not available (i supposed this wasn't implemented
for WinRT yet?)

Any ideas regarding this topics?

Regards,

Nuno