[Interest] 5.4.2 Android Misery just one typo away

rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 18:41:16 CEST 2015

All of us open source hacks have at least some duty to report landmines
to the rest.

2 years?
Burned as well.
More prominent in the docs?

The docs could serve a wider audience by adding in "landmines"
notes in each section where there is a reported landmine.

Landmine defined as passing compiler checks but definitely a user error.
  In my case, a bloody typographical error.

md

On 6/16/2015 10:13 AM, william.crocker at analog.com wrote:

>>> it just so happens that one of the possible undefined behaviors is to run
>>> exactly like you expected it to.
>>
>> Good explanation!
>>
>> I wish this was yet more prominent in the docs. It took me actually 2
>> years to figure out that exactly this had been the cause that some of my
>> command line tools kept randomly crashing on all desktop platforms.
>>

> I was burned by this as well, just not as bad.
>
> Bill

No spell checkers were harmed during the creation of this message.