[Interest] Migrating QVectorTypedData from Qt 4.8.2 to 5

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jun 18 02:39:16 CEST 2015

On Wednesday 17 June 2015 22:23:12 Tom Isaacson wrote:
> I'm trying to migrate some code from Qt 4.8.2 to Qt 5.4.2 but a previous
> developer has used QVectorTypedData. I can't find any reference to this in
> the documentation. Is there a guide somewhere how to migrate this to Qt
> 5.4.2?

QVectorTypedData was never public API and you could never have accessed it in
Qt 4 if you started from a QVector, short of an ugly hack.

If you're using QVector, you'll have to stop doing whatever hack you were
doing and rewrite your code.

If you were using QVectorTypedData outside of QVector, you can copy the
definition from Qt 4 and continue using it. (Note that the GPL portions of LGPL
now will apply)