[Interest] Awkward problem on iOS app deploy - qtquickcontrols plugin not found

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Thu Jun 18 02:24:34 CEST 2015

Hi,

I have a project with the following structure:

shared/shared.pri // please note that shared is a level below project dir
project/app/app.pro
project/common/common.pri
project/plugin/plugin.pro

shared is code and resources shared among different projects. Is composed mostly from qml files and images.

shared/*.h
shared/*.cpp
shared/qml.qrc
shared/qml/*.qml // qml files are prefixed with /qml/
shared/icons/*.png // icon files are prefixed with /icons/

common is code, qml and images shared among app and plugin

common/*.h
common/*.cpp
common/qml.qrc
common/qml/*.qml // qml files are prefixed with /qml/
common/icons/*.png // icon files are prefixed with /icons/

app.pri includes common and shared:

include(../../shared/shared.pri)
include(../common/common.pri)

Common has the main.qml and loads every other qml

The strange part is: this project architecture works on desktop but when I use it on iOS it fails to load QtQuickControls plugin (module "QtQuick.Controls" plugin "qtquickcontrolsplugin" not found).

However, if I keep the shared as it is and place common inside app dir and create a qml.qrc file with the qml files referenced from within app/common/qml, with the same prefix /qml/, it works.

Is this a known problem? I’m using Qt 5.4.1

Thanks,

Regards,

Nuno