[Interest] Building a large desktop application with QML/QtQuick?

Scott Aron Bloom scott at towel42.com
Fri Jun 19 21:08:54 CEST 2015

My biggest problem/concern with the QML style of application development is QA.

Its too easy, to put in a syntactically correct, but symantically wrong construct in.  Which would compile (assuming you are using a pre-compiler for it) and run.. but not work, and be very difficult to track down because it “looks correct”.

This has been a problem for all non-“real” language algorithm development systems since day one.

if you have full unit test coverage, it will cover you….

But I trust

object->setColor( Qt::red ) a lot more than “object : colour red” ..

Btw, that css’ish is an actual bug I had found in a Qml based project….  Damn british developers

Scott