[Interest] Extremely sluggish browser performance in Qt 5.5

John C. Turnbull ozemale at ozemail.com.au
Tue Jun 23 03:14:38 CEST 2015

It seems that the "problem" exists in 5.4.2 as well so it's definitely not a
regression.

I have created QTBUG-46809 to track this issue.

My uneducated guess is that it has something to do with the way WebEngine
accesses the network as all the symptoms are just like I am using a 256K
dial-up modem (instead of the 120Mbps cable modem I am actually using).

Thanks,

-jct