[Interest] Living with 5.4.x QML QQuickPaintedItem/QQuickItem plugins

mark diener rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 17:43:43 CEST 2015

Hello:

There is lots of Qt documentation about Plugins.  Unfortunately, there is
no concise beginning to end example of a QQuickItem/QQuickPaintedItem
plugin.

How to build, how to install, useage in other projects, how to deploy those
projects, stumbling blocks....

Attached are 2 mini projects I would like to ultimately be put into the the
5.4 examples code distribution.

The first big problem is that I cannot get the QML plugin "installed".

QmlScene reports:

Starting external tool "/macdev/qt542/5.4/clang_64/bin/qmlscene"
/macdev/qdev/testcircle/main.qml

file:///macdev/qdev/testcircle/main.qml:5 module "Qt.qml" is not installed

"/macdev/qt542/5.4/clang_64/bin/qmlscene" finished

And running in debug on OSX deploy:

Debugging starts

QML debugging is enabled. Only use this in a safe environment.

QML Debugger: Waiting for connection on port 49742...

QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component

qrc:/main.qml:5 module "Qt.qml" is not installed

I am either making a mistake in how my qmldir file is addressed.  Or I am
missing a .qmltypes file.

This has got to obvious to somebody.

Thank you,

md