[Interest] Qt 5.4.0: building qtwebengine out-of-tree?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 01:13:59 CET 2015

On Saturday February 28 2015 12:17:15 Becsi Andras wrote:
> Hi René,
>
> It is only possible to build QtWebEngine out-of-tree with a developer build of Qt, especially on OS X.
> If the module itself builds, you could try removing the QTWEBENGINE_BUILD_PARTS lines in qtwebengine.pro, and build them after you installed the QtWebEngine module.
>
> /Andras

Hi Andras,

I don't really understand. What do you mean with a developer build - isn't any Qt version built from sources a developer build?
Also, do you mean to remove BOTH QTWEBENGINE_BUILD_PARTS lines? I had already traced down my issue to the examples in Qt 5.4.0 . But now with 5.4.1 I have an even weirder error: the 1st time I try to configure the OOT build (when .qmake.{cache,stash} are created), I get an error

Using xcode version , but at least version 5.1 is required to build Qt WebEngine.
QtWebEngine will not be built.

and then when I repeat the qmake call the process goes through just fine. Xcode version 6.1.1 is installed ... so the error doesn't even make sense.

R.