[Interest] Qt 5.4.0: building qtwebengine out-of-tree?

Becsi Andras Andras.Becsi at theqtcompany.com
Wed Mar 4 14:20:08 CET 2015

Hi,

On 04 Mar 2015, at 10:11 , René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com<mailto:rjvbertin at gmail.com>> wrote:

On Tuesday March 03 2015 17:13:51 Thiago Macieira wrote:

any Qt version built from sources a developer build?

He means "a build done using the configure switch -developer-build".

Ah, of course. I know I want to stay away from that switch ...

The question remains: why do I get a qmake error on the 1st run that suggests my Xcode version isn't new enough, but not on the 2nd run?
Or maybe more importantly, why does that 1st run not return an error exit, so that my build script can handle this situation more appropriately than by checking for the presence of config.log after the qmake call? (The failed call just creates a Makefile, nothing else, and the Makefile doesn't make anything.)

I'm not interested in building the examples, which apparently are the cause of the out-of-tree build failing.

I can only repeat myself: out-of-tree build of QtWebEngine is not supported with 5.4.x (it is only supported with -developer-build).

This has been fixed in 5.5, and should be fixed by https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/107756/ in 5.4.x

/Andras