[Interest] Bounties?

Bo Thorsen bo at vikingsoft.eu
Thu Mar 12 08:36:07 CET 2015

Den 11-03-2015 kl. 21:36 skrev Bernhard:
> I did not say that we *cannot* continue with Qt. What I say is that it gets
> more painful and difficult.
> For our current projects there are no options anyway.
>
> But there may be projects in the future at other companies where I will get
> asked again "What would do you think about Qt?". And I will need to say:
> "Years ago I had the impression that quantity and quality are at an optimal
> balance but this changed in my opinion". What a pity. However if enterprise
> support actually improves this then at least for mid-size and bigger
> companies this not a problem.
>
> I started using Qt with 4.0.0 and pretty much fell in love with it... seems
> my cutie is letting itself go ;-)

I know how you feel. And I started with 0.4 :)

However, since 5.3 it's improved a lot. QML is still buggy to a point
where it's quality is way lower than the rest of the system. But Qt
itself (for widget based applications) in 5.3 and 5.4 is IMHO almost as
good as 4.8. IIRC, I think it was around version 4.3 or 4.4 before I
started to really push Qt 4 to my customers. Qt 5 is following in much
the same curve, although the changes from 4 to 5 were less disruptive
than from 3 to 4 so the comparison might not be fair.

I think Qt Company is doing a good job of improving the 5 series one
release after another.

Bo Thorsen,
Director, Viking Software.

--