[Interest] Bounties?

Gunnar Roth gunnar.roth at gmx.de
Thu Mar 12 20:16:01 CET 2015

Hi Thiago,
> Am 12.03.2015 um 16:56 schrieb Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>:
>
> As QtCore maintainer, I resent that. I fix almost every real bug in QtCore
> almost immediately.

Sadly my long standing qtcore-bug seems to fall into the other category. Its QTBUG-27765
QSharedMemory loses the error condition of a failed creation on windows

You commented in oct 2012 	Treating this as a bug.
It has 3 Votes and 4 watches. I provided a patch as attachment, 2 years ago, nothing happened.

 The bug is was introduced in 4.8 and fixed , accidentally  i assume by moving code , in qt 5.  Its all about setting error string can reset GetLastError if heap allocation occurs.
There is also 	• QTBUG-27744 which is possibly a duplicate and this stackoverlow discussion http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13120374/qsharedmemory-inconsistent-behaviour-in-windows

This bug is imho serious as two apps accessing a shred memory cannot detect the case that they are second which should use the shared memory and not initialize it.

Regards,
Gunnar

PS.: the no error in case of already exist when creating vanished in qt 5 but there are other methods which still would return no error in case of error.