[Interest] Bounties?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Mar 12 22:32:00 CET 2015

On Thursday 12 March 2015 20:16:01 Gunnar Roth wrote:
> Hi Thiago,
>
> > Am 12.03.2015 um 16:56 schrieb Thiago Macieira
> > <thiago.macieira at intel.com>:
> >
> > As QtCore maintainer, I resent that. I fix almost every real bug in QtCore
> > almost immediately.
>
> Sadly my long standing qtcore-bug seems to fall into the other category. Its
> QTBUG-27765 QSharedMemory loses the error condition of a failed creation on
> windows

I said "almost every real bug", which implies that some I don't fix.
QSharedMemory is a particular class I'd like to rewrite if I had the time,
since it's convoluted and fragile. And I stay away from Windows whenever I
can, so no.

> You commented in oct 2012 	Treating this as a bug.
> It has 3 Votes and 4 watches. I provided a patch as attachment, 2 years ago,
> nothing happened.

We have to ignore patches as attachments to bug reports if they are non-
trivial. If you want the patch to be processed, submit it via the code review
system. To get started:
	http://wiki.qt.io/Qt_Contribution_Guidelines