[Interest] [OT] Re: Bounties?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 09:46:47 CET 2015

On Friday March 13 2015 09:29:22 Alejandro Exojo wrote:

>> > I'm beginning to understand why it costs a flat-rate small fortune to
>> > have even a trivial bug solved and committed by KDab...
>
>A trivial bug doesn't cost a fortune. A trivial bug can be fixed by anyone on

The kdab page someone linked to doesn't make that difference, but that's a different topic.

>their spare time. The main cost of getting your first contribution to Qt,
>unless you are under some draconian corporate contract, is the technical one
>of learning how to use Git and Gerrit properly.

That is what I meant. For someone who doesn't aspire to be working on Qt but to be using it, possibly on a clock, it's already a loss of time having to fix a bug in Qt. If you have to add the overhead of using gerrit (basically setting things up for developing Qt) to the equation, it becomes an investment that I consider significant. I for one would certainly prefer to spend my own time on things that aren't any better than the chores I already have to do on the not-my-own time.

Anway, the topic was bounties :)

R.