[Interest] Bounties?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 10:54:10 CET 2015

On Friday March 13 2015 09:35:55 Koehne Kai wrote:

>A commercial license starts as low as $25 per month (mobile), and $174 per month (professional).
>
>Sorry, but I can't help to think that, if that is too expensive for your business, the money you'd dedicate to a bug bounty would be pocket money, too. And I think hunting down 10 $ bounties is not a viable business model for The Qt Company, either.

That's thinking only about corporate users with an established business and revenue. For start-ups and other classes of users (working with public funding, say in research) the situation might well be different. $174 times 12 times some number of years may not be an insignificant sum even if your use-case warrants buying a license. Investing a one-time multiple of a "$10 bounty" to get something fixed could be much more justifiable for those users.

R.