[Interest] Qt licensing and using qmake for non-Qt projects

Preet prismatic.project at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 19:42:22 CET 2015

Hi,

I tend to use QtCreator and qmake for all of my projects, even those that
don't use Qt. Something I haven't really considered is how the usage of
qmake might affect what I build with it from a licensing stand point.

qmake uses mkspecs, and (possibly?) other files from the qt source tree. On
certain platforms, additional tools like androiddeployqt might also be used.

Could anyone clarify whether or not using qt build tools imposes any
licensing requirements on the resulting binaries or packages? This is with
the assumption that no other parts of the Qt library are being included, ie
in a qmake project file:

CONFIG-=qt

or copied into the final package/binaries/etc.

Preet