[Interest] Qt licensing and using qmake for non-Qt projects

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Mar 13 22:29:24 CET 2015

On Friday 13 March 2015 17:11:36 Preet wrote:
> No, but when you use a compiler directly there's usually no stage where
> interim code is added to the output if you don't explicitly specify it. I
> realize that qmake ends up calling these compilers at the end anyways, but
> I thought there might be a possibility that platform specific defs like
> header files or something along those lines might get added in between
> somewhere.

When you say "there's usually no stage", I think you mean "there usually is a
stage" where system code is added to the binary. GCC and Clang don't add it
during compilation, but they do ask the linker to add it when linking the final
binary.

That can be just one small .o (crtbegin.o, crt1.o, etc.) or a whole library
(libgcc_s).