[Interest] Qt licensing and using qmake for non-Qt projects

Preet prismatic.project at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 22:11:36 CET 2015

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 3:02 PM, Guido Seifert <wargand at gmx.de> wrote:

> What compiler do you use? Do you ask the same questions when you compile
> your code with the gcc? Or visual studio?
>
> Guido

No, but when you use a compiler directly there's usually no stage where
interim code is added to the output if you don't explicitly specify it. I
realize that qmake ends up calling these compilers at the end anyways, but
I thought there might be a possibility that platform specific defs like
header files or something along those lines might get added in between
somewhere.

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 3:50 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
wrote:

> The GPL and LGPL specifically say that they do not imply anything about the
> running of the application.
>
> The licensing of the tool does not imply anything in your software, unless
> the
> tool copies part of its source code to the output. That is not the case for
> qmake, moc, uic, rcc, qdbusxml2cpp, qdbuscppx2xml, etc.

I had basically wanted to confirm that the build tools don't implicitly add
any of its own or other qt library source. Thanks for clarifying!

Preet