[Interest] Qt 5.5 and Red Hat 5

william.crocker at analog.com william.crocker at analog.com
Wed Mar 18 14:48:33 CET 2015

On 03/18/2015 09:25 AM, Harri Porten wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Mar 2015, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure I will apply a fix to the main codebase since this is a
>> feature added for kernel 2.6.22, almost 8 years ago.
>
> Still very much in use by certain industries who standardized on RH 5 for
> the time being. 8 years is not much time for the life time of classic Qt
> user's products.

My company is in the semiconductor business.
We have to use the OS specified by our major CAD vendors.

They want to develop software and we want to make
integrated circuits. No one wants to spend time figuring
out how to migrate to the next version of RedHat.

My sight has over 500 Linux machines. Only a handful
are running RedHat 6, but we will finally be migrating
over the next 6 months to a year.

Bill