[Interest] Qt 5.5 and Red Hat 5

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Wed Mar 18 14:42:03 CET 2015

> On Wed, 18 Mar 2015, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure I will apply a fix to the main codebase since this is a
> > feature added for kernel 2.6.22, almost 8 years ago.
>
> Still very much in use by certain industries who standardized on RH 5 for
> the time being. 8 years is not much time for the life time of classic Qt
> user's products.
Yep,

for us, we need to keep that around as least as long as the official support is there,
and sorry, I have neither the time nor the knowledge to find out what is needed
to make forkfd working with the old kernel :/

I would try to stick with Qt 5.4 longer, but that is not possible as other major bugs
only will get fixed in 5.5. like https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-44511

Now we have either the pain to backport a lot of fixes to 5.4 (without that you crash
any Qt app by plugin in a projector) or try to fix that other stuff ;=)

Just filled some support issue, lets see.

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com