[Interest] building Qt 5.3.2 on OS X 10.6

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 16:44:07 CET 2015

Hello,

Sorry if this has already come up recently: what are the compiler requirements to build Qt 5.3.2 on OS X 10.6.8? I just discovered that Apple gcc 4.2 fails on qprintengine_mac.mm, and Apple clang version 3 (211.10.1, the one shipped with the sole Xcode 4 for 10.6) fails during the configure (on the NIS test).

Additional question: what clang version does the macx-clang mkspec expect/use? The macx-g++ mkspec sought out my Apple gcc somewhere under /Developer, which is certainly not in my path, but the macx-clang mkspec just seems to use the first clang in the path. Correct?
Is there an official mechanism other than editing the mkspec file to steer the compiler selection?

Thanks,
R.