[Interest] bug: qmake ignores CMAKE_CC and CMAKE_CXX while building Qt 5.3.2???

Samir Aguiar samirjaguiar at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 21:35:47 CET 2015

> On Sunday March 22 2015 19:01:55 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
>
> I found the immediate culprit: build/qtbase/qmake/.qmake.stash
> This file sets QMAKE_MAC_SDK.macx-clang.macosx.QMAKE_CC etc. to values that are completely unrelated to what's specified in the mkspec file. I think that also explains another issue I've had that is also due to the bootstrap qmake ignoring the information from the specified mkspec file.
>
> I have not yet figured out where the .qmake.stash file is generated though (pbuilder_pbx.cpp?) but fortunately it appears to be possible to pre-generate a version with the appropriate values before calling configure.
>
> R.

I had this problem recently, when some files were not being found
because qmake was generating targets with the wrong path to clang.

I remember that somewhere during the makefile generation qmake runs
xcrun --find clang
and uses the output as the compiler path, ignoring what you set in
QMAKE_CXX.
Can’t remember where it does that now, but the fix for me was
to hardcode the the paths in the mkspecs/common/clang.conf file
(QMAKE_CXX and QMAKE_CC variables).

Hope that helps.

Samir