[Interest] Qt 5.5 and Red Hat 5

william.crocker at analog.com william.crocker at analog.com
Mon Mar 23 11:56:48 CET 2015

On 03/18/2015 04:27 PM, Scott Aron Bloom wrote:
> On this note.. I a large number of my customers (about 20%) of my users are STILL using CentOS 5 or RHEL 5..
> In moving to Qt 5, they are now losing printing support :(  They will have to print to a PDF and print external to the tool.
> In EDA, the industry Im in, our customers, quite often get stuck on a hardware platform for the life time of their project.  And a project can be 5-6 YEARS..
> So, if they are on CentOS 5 and it was 1 year old when the project started, they will be using it throughout the project for 6-7 years..
> Heck, we JUST got to drop CentOS 4 support last year!
> You might be interested in looking at that the EDAC website has to say, it's the industry consortium, and lists a bunch of OS's to try and support

Same here, but with RH4.

AND if you are making parts for an automotive application (for one)
there is the whole issue of "Functional Safety" which places additional
restriction on the tools you use, how long you use them and how
long they must be usable.

     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Functional_safety

Bill