[Interest] Deploying QMultimedia

Sze Howe Koh szehowe.koh at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 01:11:19 CET 2015

On 28 March 2015 at 03:22, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27/03/15 15:02, Bernhard wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Is there some document that explains which files (plugins, DLLs) needed to
>> deployed when using Qt Multimedia (more precisely playing sound files using
>> QMediaPlayer)?
>
> I'm not aware of a documented list, but I've found out here is that the
> Qt plugin for this is named "dsengine" (I think that stands for
> "DirectShow Engine").

Yes, "dsengine" stands for DirectShow Engine. There are other possible
backends though, like the Windows Media Foundation Engine.

Look inside <Qt>/plugins/mediaservice/ and possibly <Qt>/plugins/audio/.

I don't think there's an official list, but here's a quick and dirty
way to find out which ones you need:
https://wiki.qt.io/Deploy_an_Application_on_Windows

Regards,
Sze-Howe